Soroptimist is an international organization for business and professional women who work to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. Almost 95,000 Soroptimists in about 125 countries and territories contribute time and financial support to community-based and international projects that benefit women and girls. The name, “Soroptimist,” means “best for women,” and that’w what the organization strives to achieve. Soroptimists are women at their best, working to help other women to be their best.
Benefits of Membership
If you are a special woman who wishes to provide volunteer service in an atmosphere of support, friendship and fun, then joining Soroptimist may be right for you. Soroptimist membership provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Fulfillment – working on projects that improve the lives of others can lead to personal satisfaction and recognition from the community.
- Friendship – cultivating relationships with other women who have similar interests and values is a central aspect of Soroptimist membership.
- Diversity – meeting and learning about women from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds and participating in projects that address the needs of women throughout the globe, contributes to world peace and understanding.
- Networking – associating with other women who represent a variety of professions facilitates valuable business contacts.
- Leadership – developing skills at the club level results in enhanced professional capabilities as well as leadership opportunities at all levels of the organization.
- Mentoring – reaching out to women at the beginning of their professional lives provides an avenue for Soroptimist members to serve as mentors.
- Convenience – belonging to an association with organized programs and professionally developed resources frees members from administrative constraints, while enabling the to concentrate on providing volunteer service.
Soroptimist International Windsor meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, from 6 PM to 8 PM, at Charlie’s Grill at the Windsor Golf Club. Guests and potential members are welcome to attend our meetings.
Soroptimists also have the opportunity to attend district meetings, regional conferences and national and international conventions held all over the world. For additional information, contact Soroptimist International Windsor
Be an Involved Member
Regular attendance at meetings is encouraged. Each member is expected to serve on committees and participate in the club’s activities.
Financial Obligations of Membership
- Annual dues are approximately $160 (prorated throughout the year for new members).
- Members are encouraged to participate in fundraising and special service projects.
- Some of these items are tax deductible. Your accountant can provide tax information.
- Members pay $25 for each meeting at Charlie’s. This fee covers the cost of dinner with a small portion going to cover general club expenses. Guests and potential members who attend a dinner meeting generally do not pay their own costs.